The three books included in the TOOLKIT:
What you will find in the NEW Core Curriculum 3rd Edition:
- The Core has increased to over 1025 pages and the page size of the Core has been increased to facilitate easier reading
- Nine new chapters are contained within the Core, some have combined topics from older editions and others cover new topics, e.g. forensic radiology, cultural competency and disaster preparedness
- Many chapters have additional suggested readings and web resources listed
- There is a master glossary at the end of the text
- All chapter review questions have been assembled in a separate section at the end of the text
Orientation Manual for Radiologic & Imaging Nursing
This is the new 2015 edition of the Orientation Manual for Radiologic & Imaging Nursing
Historically our radiology nurse colleagues walked into their respective imaging departments not fully understanding their new role or how to make it reality. Very few nurses had a formal introduction into radiology; rather, nurses began to apply our skills in this technology-dominated world as we identified the need. Entering radiology proved to be a challenge as we mastered a foreign language and gained an appreciation for the radiologists and technologists with whom we work. Over time, nurses began to compile their knowledge to pass onto new nurses; thus the formal orientation process was born.
Scope & Standards of Practice - Radiologic & Imaging Nursing:
Radiologic and Imaging Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice is a must-have title for radiologic and imaging nursing practitioners, educators, students, and other healthcare works directly involved in this area of practice. This new edition contains up-to-date information on this exciting and dynamic specialty that combines cutting-edge technology with the art and science of nursing. It builds upon the previously published Radiology Nursing: Scope & Standards of Practice (2007) by incorporating the broader practice environment that nurses working in this specialty are encountering in their nursing practice. It guides and supports the imaging APN’s practice from assessment and diagnosis through treatment and evaluation, with emphasis on maintaining a safe environment. The 16 standards are those by which all RNs in radiologic and imaging nursing are held accountable for in their practice. Each standard is measurable by a set of specific competencies that serve as evidence of minimal compliance with that standard.
Please allow two weeks for orders to be processed, shipped, and delivered.